Back by popular demand (popular demand=late night boredom), I have returned to the world of Blog. Welcome aboard! It's great to see you again. I am so glad you have decided to join me on my latest adventure.
I have much to update. Life has been nothing short of crazy these past few months. I returned to school and am now an official COLLEGE GRADUATE. I am also proud to say that I am among the employed. Not just any old job - no! That would not suit the thousands of $$ I sunk into my collegiate experience. No, I claim the title of Professional Educator. That's right... I am Teacher. Teacher! A Mrs. to my students. It feels rather strange. I have a real sign outside a real classroom in a real school that has my name on in. Weird. And the stuff inside really belongs to me. I keep waiting for the the principal to come in and say, "Okay. Thank you for your time. We have found the replacement. You have been a great substitute."
I didn't think I would get here. I always wanted to get here, but forever viewed it as a dream. But (OOH! OOH!) it is now my reality. Oh the joy! There are days I want to scream out of pure elation (yesterday and today). Then there are days I am dumb-struck with fear (yesterday and today).
And the kids... the kids! They are wonderful and quirky and curious and politically incorrect and mischievous and selfish and loving and insightful and human and (SIGH!) I love them. Especially the oddest of the bunch. They are all perfectly unique, just like I like 'em. The beautiful thing is, they don't really know it yet. Some are toying with the idea of conformity. They found the ledge, are looking down and teetering ever so hesitantly. "Should I do it? Should I jump?" But most are too busy just being themselves to realize the ledge even exists. I love it.
Today was my second day. Day 2 as Mrs. I got random hugs today. One little girl even came up to me and said, "I am so happy you're my teacher!" She wrapped her little 9-year-old arms around my waist and looked up at me with a grin. WOW! Serious? ME?! It was a moment of sincere adoration. I don't care who you are or what you do, but in my opinion, NOTHING beats that! Where in the world do you get instant results like that from the second day on the job?!
I have lots more stories. Too many to include in my first post. Don't worry, I will share. Third-graders are surprisingly insightful and hilariously wrong about many things. I think my first few days should be filled with the sweetest and uplifting in order to get me through the worst. I know there will be days I want to hurt someone - very badly. Those I will share as well. They will be my counseling sessions and you will listen - pro bono. I am a teacher so, naturally, I am still broke even after many months of rigorous, intellectual, penniless unemployment. Thank you, State of Department of Edjumucation.
No comments:
Post a Comment