So, quick update from the last post. Yes, I got the book. Yes I have read it... about 1/2 of it. Good news is I LOVE IT! The author, Dawn Dais, is hil.ar.i.ous. Her writing style reminds me of my friend Jamie, which I totally appreciate. But now. Here it is... are you ready for it? Remember that bar I set ever so slightly off the ground? I haven't committed to running. I think I have ran a total of 3 times in the last month. Again, it is now just a small step down from grace rather than a long, screaming fall that results in broken appendages and such. I know. I know. I feel the disappointment radiating through my computer screen. You, the hubs, even my mom. Just kidding. My mom would totally praise me for the simple fact I bought a book about it, let alone venture out into the streets and move my legs at a pace slightly above that of a snail. She's great! But that's how I feel writing this. Like the sensitive girl of 8 who was supposed to paint the fence, but got bored and only painted the section between my knees and my nose. And later had to deal with the disappointment of her father. The point is, I rarely finish what I start.
And no, the Saver's chair is NOT done. But thanks for asking.
New month, new weather, new starts, right?? Here I am in my second week of 'summer vacation' away from the classroom and both the Wild Thing and I are going stir-crazy. You should see our house. I have cleaned it, mopped it, wiped it, washed it. I don't know how I am going to get through the next two months like this!
I completely realize I could spend many a day basking out in the sun, watching daytime t.v., or any of the other non-moving activities I was looking forward to, but I know myself better than that. See, I spent one day doing that and I turned into a zombie. I avoided moving at all. I am serious. My child suffered because of this! I stopped wanting to play with her, talk to her, feed her(!) because I became an addict of nothingness. CRAZY. In my daze of sedentary life, I realized I had to return movies that were horribly overdue and (luckily) that snapped me out of it. I did manage to feed her too (so don't be calling CPS on me). Needless to say, I didn't like the feeling so now here I am. I want to talk to my child, play with her, feed her. So I have to keep busy. And cleaning my house does not classify as "busy." I recently saw a funny quote on one of those painted wooden signs. You know, the ones you see in craft stores that no one ever actually wants to buy. It said, "Boring women have clean kitchens." I have embraced this quote and am making it my mantra.
Please know that I am not nor have I ever been at anytime a 'clean freak.' Nor do I live in a rat's nest. This simple little inspiration is reason enough for me to continue ignoring the fingerprints on my refrigerator and know that it's okay. Because it tells me I am not boring in doing so. And trust me, in suburbia, there is plenty of boring. Everywhere I go. So much that this has now become the favorite word for Miss O. Life is boring, Dad is boring, the dog is boring, movies are boring, driving is boring, literally everything. She even said I was boring. How dare she! Well, little girl, here is a sign that says I am not! Read it and weep!
Wait... you're 4 and you can't... And you really are crying. Because mommy yelled at you. Because you want dinner. And I haven't moved from the same position since 11am this morning. Sorry love. We'll go do something tomorrow. Like take this damn sign back.
No comments:
Post a Comment