So everyone knows at the end of your pregnancy, all you want is to be done. I am there. I've been there. For some time now. This also means a severe lack of energy on my part to do anything... even move my fingers very much to actually write a blog post. So to signify that yes, my intentions are good (meaning I've had LOTS of great ideas to blog about), I am suffering from ninemonthspreggitis. It is an all-consuming disease that I would warn many about. Though it is not contagious through liquid absorption of di-hydrogen monoxide (H2O) as many think, it is completely body-morphic. You will not recognize yourself once you have been infected by this blissfully radical and psychological overhaul of your body.
I wake up each morning and keep thinking "today is the day!" And after some false labor contractions, a few aches and pains and lots of stops at the little girl's room, the day comes to a close and alas(!) no baby. Then night falls. I lay in my bed and think "tonight is the night!" And after endless tossing and turning and (more?) jaunts to the little girls room, daylight breaks and alas(!) no baby. Mix in there lots of inquiries from random strangers wondering lots of random thoughts as to how someone who looks like me could still be pregnant (interpretation: how is it possible for a belly to be THAT big?!) and my days are filled with TONS of excitement! Jealous?
Though I am quickly realizing that these days will soon be over, I am feeling a bit nostalgic about my pregnant body. I do love it. I love the roundness of my belly, I love the tan skin I've gotten from sporting a bikini all summer (oh yes I did!), I love the circus act I become at large public gatherings, I love the looks on small children's faces at Roaring Springs as the tug on their parent's side saying, "Look! Look! She has a baby in her tummy!" I love the feeling Maia hiccup (as she is doing while I type), and most of all, I LOVE how it has brought a different type of love between Phil and I. He is amazing. I say that all the time, but really he is. If every woman in the world could experience what I have... WOW.
So in the final days of my second pregnancy, I have put together some of the best pictures to honor my body - in all its glory - as a reminder of the good, the bad, and the ugly. You will be missed...
Side-view
Full-frontal!
Great to use as a cup holder




4 comments:
Oh baby I will miss it too! But I do miss my little sexy woman. Thank you for carrying our beautiful little girls.
I love you!
Lisa,
You look so beautiful preggers! I'm so glad you flaunted your belly for all to see, 'cause that is what life on the inside really looks like. We'll be seein' Maia soon, very soon.
Mama
Oh Lisa, you make me remember all to well those last few weeks and I feel for ya! I can't wait to get that phone call and come and meet Maia. Keep us posted! Love you!!
Lisa,
You are absolutely stunning! Seriously if I was even half as perfect as you pregnant, there is a slight chance that I would have just one more! Not the case though, you are what make the rest of us totally jealous! Luvs to you...we are thinking of you all in the days to come! Let us know when we can love on the new one and congrat's to you and daddy!
Love,
The Leiby's
Post a Comment