I read my last posts and realized that A LOT of my time is spent apologizing for not blogging and not so much about life in general. I have decided I am done. No more apologies. Life is too hectic at times and there is no excuse for not keeping up to date with it, but there is also no obligation to do so. I am a busy mom of soon-to-be three and am FORCING myself to keep some sort of documentation of our life... other than the 1,000s of pictures just hanging out on our camera. So here I am, updating as of Fall 2009. Yes, as in one year ago.
I titled this blog "Bear with me..." because you will need to do just that. I am sorting through all my pictures to give you a quick recap of all the Desilet clan happenings of the past year. It's time to step it up. So here goes:
I got in a fight. You should see the other guy... (!)
This is the other guy. A very large deer rifle with a ridiculous amount of kick. (See black eye above.) I was on the receiving end of a beautiful shot. The good news... I hit the target! I showed this who's boss! And after my pelt to the face, Phil realizes, "Oh, yeah, I forgot to tell you about that." Oops. But instead of coming to grab the gun to relieve me from my assault, he quickly takes my assailant from my hand to avoid it from touching dirt. Good. Priorities.
Second, we bought a Bronco. Not just any old bronco... okay... it is an old Bronco. A 1973! A "classic". Now, because it was made before I was, I don't feel so bad about calling it a classic, but a small part of me has issue with it because it is only seven years older than I. And I would NOT consider myself a "classic." Needless to say, this has been a fun, exhausting, trying and educational experience for us. But alas, is is (sort of) complete, drivable, and a hell of a fun ride!
Last fall Maia was the ripe old age 2 months. We dared to venture out, stroller in tow, through the fields of western Idaho.
We had a blast on our family outing. There are new ones from this year coming soon! But thank you for bearing with me as I BEGIN to update all that has happened in the past year. This doesn't even touch the surface, but my poor little six year old has been watching Harry Potter for three hours and has only eaten tuna fish, green beans, grapes and mandarin oranges. I have to go be a functioning mommy now and make it up to her. Be back (very!) soon.
2 comments:
We loooove you! <3 Ry & Sheena
I completely understand the blogging thing is hard. I am not great at it either! Thank you for updating, and congrats on #3, so exciting! We must get together soon. Happy Belated Birthday Girlie!
Post a Comment