Okay, it’s a new year and with that comes new goals. One goal I have had for a long time was to build my blog following and maintain consistency with it. The problem I have always ran into is what in the world to do with it?? Should I write about fitness, or mommy-hood, or teaching or suburbia or being married to an Idaho man or... This is my problem. I have waaaaay too much going on in my head to narrow my focus to one particular thing. So I’m not. I am going to keep it as scatter-brained as I am. Then I know for certain I am staying true to myself and being authentically me.
But this is where I need you. Yes, you. The 7 people who actually read this thing. First thing, I need to you sign up to follow me. On the side, down below the pics of the family, there is a space that says “Follow By Email”. Click in the box & put in your email. Then you can get my updates (as exciting as they may be) emailed straight to you. Then I might actually have more than 7 people read this... or I might not...
Next, I need some input. Here is my plan: I will have features depending on the day of the week. What? You mean you will update your blog on a daily basis?? This has NEVER happened!! Well, yes. I realize this. My intention is to do this, but regardless, it will be consistent. To keep me relatively organized about my scatterbrained thinking (oxymoron??), I have put together my features as follows.
MMM Mondays (all things food and drink - anything I found, made, dreamt about)
Teaching Tuesday (all things education – ideas, funny stories, printables, etc.)
Wacky Wednesdays (all things crazy – meaning I will finally have a place for my crazy stories with kids/hubby/etc.)
Thursdays – My day off!! (In reality I will be composing some great features for the other days)
Fit Fridays (all things fitness – updates, workouts, progress pics, eating clean)
Savvy Shopping Saturdays (all things shopping related – deals, steals and discounts)
Suburban Sundays (all things... leftover, life related)
So, my seven followers, I need to hear from you. Give me your input. What would you like to hear from me? Is there a particular category you would like to hear MORE of, LESS of, not at all?? What do you like about what I currently write? Should I bother to re-organize my blog or just leave it as is? I appreciate all your comments. PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!!! I can’t make any changes that will please the masses if the masses don’t respond. You can name yourself or be anonymous – I don’t care either way. I am just reaching out to Never-never-land in hopes that someone (anyone!) will give me some direction. Thanks in advance!!! Wish me luck.
10 comments:
Yay i read it all, so more of all of it. You are such a creative writer so I'm excited to read it all! Good luck!
Love to hear about the crazy life if a mom...because I so can relate! And it reminds me that I am not the only one. Funny things ur kids do makes me laugh! Keep it up..organized or not! :)
Wow, Baby I love your posts...
Yay! I want to read it all! You are so creative, I like it all!
I enjoy reading everything, especially the funny mom posts. I think you have such a wide variety of readers that all your topics appeal to various people. However, you are so funny and such a good writer that even if it isn't a topic I really am into, I still enjoy reading it. Keep it up!
Erin Oldham
I think you should just write about whatever you want, in the same fashion you have been. It's nice to read about a fellow mother's journey- I too, can definitely relate! I enjoy reading your blog just the way it is... just maybe more frequently. :) You are an excellent writer and your writing is very entertaining! Keep em' coming!
Ok, I'm coming forward...
Not sure if you remember me, but I stumbled across your blog and stalk it. ;) I think you are HILARIOUS! I'm willing to read whatever you are willing to write so keep it all up.
Selena
I think your plan is great!! I love them all!!
Hi, its the Old Navy Blog-stalker here! I love reading just about everything you post about. You have such a talent for writing and make it fun to read no matter what the topic. I like the health posts, as I am in the process of losing 50 more lbs. 30 down, 50 to go...and of course I like to keep up on your hilarious family outings like the camping trip. I can relate with 3 of my own at similar ages. Even though I only knew Phil a little in high school and never had met you until that fateful day in Old Navy, I love to keep up with your family life because you always keep it so real in the posts!
After camping at Bull Trout Lake and Redfish lake for 11 days, bathing (actually standing) in a very cold creek, the first my mama said to me was "You need a shower!". I can totally relate to the camping/showering. This is your mama writing, 'cause I don;t have a Google account.
Post a Comment