No, it's NOT because I am so dedicated to my fitness that I head to the gym at this hour. No, it's NOT because I have to go to work every morning (it's really only 2-3 days/week). And no, it's DEFINITELY NOT because I am a morning person. Its because of this.
And this.
They look crazy cute and squishy and lovable, but don't be trapped by their alluringly inescapable adorableness. They can be rotten. Rotten as is you absolutely cannot sleep past 6:02 am with them around. Rotten as in your heart cannot control the overwhelming urge to let them climb in bed and "snuggu yoo". Rotten as in the shuffle of little feeties across the carpet followed by a sweet whisper of "Good morning, Mama." are your alarm every morning. EVERY. MORNING. WITHOUT FAIL.
Good morning, Maia.
Can I come snugga yoo.
Sure, climb on up. (Hear playful infant-yelling on the monitor as she climbs up the side of our bed.)
Come here, baby. Let's go night-night. Mommy's tired.
(Hollering on the monitor as baby boy makes his presence known. Basically his version of saying, "HEY! I'm awake! Why hasn't someone picked me up already and stuck a bottle in my mouth?! I've been awake for 8.3 seconds!")
I'm staaaaaaarving.
Really. Starving? Could it be because you barely ate any dinner last night - like always. You never like anything I make unless it is a slice of butter with a little bread on top? Or because you enjoy a constant state of defiance? Or maybe because you sneak snacks while I cook and aren't actually hungry. I'm not sure.
I want cartoons... and a snack.
Guess what, Maia? There are NO cartoons on at 6:04 am. Remember? We tried this already. Only yoga. You don't like yoga. You don't like watching yoga.
I want puppies.(Disney's Lady and the Tramp - on DVD, that can ONLY be watched in our bedroom)
Seriously. I have watched this show 20,762 times and can recite it word for word. How are you NOT sick of puppies?
I want puppies.
Fine. Puppies. Can you read lips or closed captions because mommy is going night-night. I am tired. The sun is still tired. See. It's still sleeping, just like you should be. I want to go back to sleep. Let's go night-night.
--insert Eli's reminder squawking--
Never mind. I will go get Buddy-Boy (Maia's nickname for Eli that has stuck and he will probably HATE once he gets to be 12.)
I wanna come!
I thought you were watching puppies? (as I insert movie)
No. I want buddy boy. and a snack. and cartoons.
You want puppies?
No. No puppies. I want Elmo.
MAKE UP YOUR MIND, CHILD! I walk away before anyone gets hurt because at 6:06, no one is bright and cheery and lovely and patient and excited about an indecisive 2 yr. old.
I want Buddy Boy!
After all my pleading and failed attempts at convincing, I am left with... an early start to my day. Everyday. Monday thru Sunday. Never again will I EVER sleep in. This is what I have decided. Ever. Realize that "sleeping in" for us would consist of a digit greater than 7. We don't need double-digits, no, that would be down-right gluttonous. No. Just past 7-something. Anything past 7.
Coffee is my only saving grace. Thank GOD for coffee. Except now this indecisive 2 yr. old has decided she want coffee too. Not hot cocoa, as would be more appropriate and less-likely to get a call from CPS, but coffee. My coffee. My perfectly rationed creamer:coffee ratio that is a beautiful, awakening mouthful. I should be featured in a Folgers' commercial with the joy I find in this sip. Only I am a bit of a coffee snob because Folgers isn't good enough for me. No. Whole bean coffee, freshly-ground every morning to the perfectly fine consistency. Remember my love affair with food and my obsession with fitness. They got nuthin' on my morning cup o' joe. See why this only adds to my morning glory?! This is my coffee. MY COFFEE.
I love you, Maia. You keep me on my toes, you test my character every day... sometimes every hour of every day, you help me to learn what it really is to be a mom (and how I'm not cut out for it sometimes), and you show me that life can be interesting no matter what hour of the day (or morning or night) it may be. Keep it up. I wouldn't want you any other way.
Update pics:
Here is what is says:
Clothe me with
Your strength
and dignity.
Help me laugh
at the days to come.
Progress pic from last night. 143 lbs.
I DEFINITELY notice more muscle all over my body - starting to show in my arms/shoulders.Legs are another story. That is where I carry most of my weight.
You can still see the remains from my Eli pouch. He was quite comfortable it there with all that cushion BUT its getting smaller. If you look back up at my side, you can see a lot of my back-fat is gone but my ass still droops. I am working on my shelf. It will come. Then you can balance a glass off that bad boy. Ok. Maybe I don't want that big of a shelf. Just a round, firm bubble. Thank you lunges.
I am happy to report that I have VERY LITTLE detectable cellulite on the back of my legs, under my butt. Good mornings!!! They, along with lunges, are totally zapping that shiz! Yeah!
2 comments:
You look amazing! Remember you are your toughest critic and I definitely see lots of awesone change! It is very inspiring! AND sorry for the early am's good thing they are cute!
I like your tattoo, sweetie. In a few years, your children will stay tucked in their beds until you wake them, like Olivia does now. I know, you want to sleep til 7:00 am NOW. Such are the ups and downs of parenthood.
Mama-san
Post a Comment