12.14.2008

I'm do-one!

It's official... I AM DONE! Well, for now at least. Done with a semster of late nights, stress headaches, and blurred vision from staring at my computer for so long. I survived (barely). Between the webquests, virtual field trips, and 6-page papers, it a miracle my brain is still functioning.

My family did more of the suffering than I did. Grilled cheese and tomato soup doesn't really constitute a home-cooked meal. Now its back to grocery shopping, house cleaning, laundry and bathtime. Oh, wait, I still had to do all that on top of my homework... and grade 50+ math homework papers, plan enticing, engaging lesson plans, attend meetings, read books, and... (whew!) breathe. Its no surprise that in the midst of all this, I have gained 10 pounds of stress-induced grossness that surrounds my butt and belly button. YUCK!

So my pre-new year's resolution is to actually find my body again because the thing staring back at me is nothing that I have ever seen before. Where did I go? I am realizing that this me-ness that I have come to cope with is a result of having a relatively high metabolism that, in years past, spoiled me to the point that I never took exercise seriously. And now that I am teetering on the edge of 30, I am getting my payback. And it's not pretty. At all. Who has celulite on their arms? I do. It doesn't help that my body has been undergoing some other changes lately that frankly I feel like I have no control over. I am wondering how much is because of age, stress, or lack of sleep and how much of it I really can't do anything about. I've been introduced to a new workout, thanks to my ever so workout-supportive husband. He hooked me up so now I have no excuses, though every cell in my body will desperately try to find any and all possible. I am getting ready to wage a war. There will be casualties, injuries, and mass destruction. But it is for the greater good. I am mustering up the 'troops'. I know I'll need all the help I can get, because as I said before, I've never taken exercise serious enough to make it last. I don't think I've ever worked out for six months straight. There were a few months here and there, with lots of breaks in between. But its a new day, right? I am trying not to be a skeptic.

This will become therapy for me as I embark on this new journey. Tomorrow is day 1. I'll let you know how it goes.

In the meantime, if you want to see the fruits of my labor over the past few weeks, check these out (they are all very amateur):

States of Matter
Moon Exploration
Welcome to Earth!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, So glad you made it through your classes at BSU and can now look forward to 2 weeks of time off with your family. So glad to hear the news, too!!!! We love that crazy Olivia. Mama