11.15.2008

I'm not sure what to title this one...

Hello there friends. I do remember you. I know it's been a while. That new leaf I turned over back in August, it has since wilted and been tossed in the trash... along with all my sanity. Here I am, sitting in front of my computer at 10:45 on a Saturday night. Yes. That's p.m. On a Saturday. Exciting times, I know. And why in the world am I not out partying with the other 20-somethings down at the local watering hole??? I might be a little more sane if I were, but nonetheless, I am MOM/WIFE/TEACHER/STUDENT and though a few of these have actual job descriptions, none of them ever have a timesheet with the column "out" on them. None. WTF? Aren't there laws out there to protect the innocent (a.k.a. me) from those horrible, over-bearing, breathing-down-your-neck-with-their-ridiculous-expectations bosses (a.k.a. me) who never give you time to shave your legs? I think I need to file a complaint. Or go to the person in charge.


I guess I am complaining because I got myself into this. Now that I sit here and think, I can't remember a time like this that hasn't been my fault. I really should see a therapist. Something about a need to always prove myself... I could probably WebMD it and save myself some cash I don't have. I have also been catching myself continuously complaining about it. No wonder my hubby (as understanding and patient and validating as he's been) went missing about a month ago and just recently came back. (Let's ignore the time of year it is: cool weather=elk rut and give myself some more guilt about being pessimistic which caused him to seek refuge in the hills) I just need to shut the hell up and stop complaining. Okay. Here goes.


Hey everyone! It's been so long since I've posted! I am really sorry for the delay. Things have just been so exciting around here! The leaves are changing, fall is in full swing and life is fab.u.ous! I don't know how else to explain it! We've had so much fun this past month. I've been learning so much in my Master's program. It truly is amazing and well worth the thousands of $$ I've invested. Quite simply, it's one of the best choices I ever made! And school, WOW! It is amazing! My students are the best behaved I have ever had! And their minds are so inquisitive! They are absorbing everything! I LOVE IT!


For real. That last part is relatively true if you remove the image of a bright-eyed former varsity cheerleader whose eyebrows go up at the end of every sentence and speaks with such pep that it actually bounces her in the chair she teeters so carefully on the edge of because her excitement almost cannot be contained that it is about to catapult her into chant. I do love my job. Just not enough to write a cheer about it.


After a non-chalant comment by my mother who had no intention of giving me guilt, I have rightfully bestowed it upon myself regarding my lack of frequency in posts and lack of photo updates. She here's my attempt to remove some of this self-inflicted guilt. I love you mom.


Halloween 2008 features the one and only Hannah Montana (and periodically Miley Cyrus, depending on her mood), none other than Robyn Hood (Yes, he had an operation and is now a she. Looks like the money wasn't always going to the poor. That's not a cheap procedure.) and last but not least, the Incredible Hulk. After a not-so-fun night on non-drinking for me I picked up my Incredible husband who actually did have a fun night... Thank you boys for taking him out and showing him a good time. After my regular rants and hormonal roller-coaster, he undoubtedly needed it.


























The latest adventure for the Desilet's came in the form of a shotgun. Yes. I went hunting. For the first time EVER in my life. Okay, it wasn't really hunting, more of a nature walk through a bunch of weeds with Olivia riding on my back. We heard birds, yelled at some horses (surprisingly they didn't want to come say hi to the monkey on the other side of the fence that kept throwing rocks at them) and at authentic mexican food. But to no avail, not a single pheasant was shot. Nada. I think I can do this. After the Starbucks we had on our way out of town, the delicious lunch, and nice nap I got on the way back, it really wasnt' that bad. I am dreading duck season though. I'll keep you posted. Olivia had gone with Phil earlier in October and he did actually get a pheasant. She got a tree. And if you ask her about it, she will tell you that she did in fact have a license for it. She's pimp.



2 comments:

Brian and Dawn said...

I understand the crazy life and the ranting, but I'm so glad that you are enjoying your master's program and your kid's at school. I'm sure it makes it a little easier. Halloween looked fun. You pulled the Robyn Hood thing off very well I might add. Well, i'm off, but I hope we get to see you guys soon. Love ya...

Kami Satterlee said...

Just like you stated in your "Pet Peeves" post, (Please don't send me your forwards of unsubstantiated, politically or religiously infused information with and obvious agenda just because it 'sounds good.') I too dislike information that cannot be backed up with a statement of facts. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons) donated no money to the Yes on 8 campaign. Individual members of the Church were encouraged to support the Yes on 8 efforts and, exercising their constitutional right to free speech, donating whatever they felt like donating. The Yes on 8 coalition was a broad spectrum of religious organizations. Catholics, Evangelicals, Protestants, Orthodox Jews, Muslims – all supported Yes on 8. It is estimated that there are 10 million Catholics and 10 million Protestants in California. Mormons were a tiny fraction of the population represented by Yes on 8 coalition members. Mormon voters were less than 5% of the yes vote. If one estimates that 250,000 LDS are registered voters (the rest being children), then LDS voters made up 4.6% of the Yes vote and 2.4% of the total Proposition 8 vote. Which makes me wonder why you would think that LDS people were the greatest obstacle. You asked "Should a church (any church) have so much influence on government?" I believe they are just individual people, who have a belief in the same church. Is it any different than a race having so much influence on a presidential election? The whole purpose for my post was not about Prop 8, it was about the fact that people are allowed to vandalize and destroy a church/a sacred temple, in our USA. If this was happening to the Catholic church/ any christian church, I would still write the same post. I am in shock that our world has come to this. It is sad and extremely disturbing. I for one have my own views on Prop 8 that don't exactly go along with the LDS views, but I will never bad mouth them for what they believe because I respect everyones belief in whatever they choose. My family is LDS & I grew up LDS and I am so sick of the constant persecution I have had and continue to have for that. I am not one who likes to stir the pot when it comes to these kinds of things, but when it comes to statements about the LDS church, I feel like I need the facts.