3.27.2009

Brutal Reality Check

Since I really had nothing to do at 1:10 in the morning, I decided to review my blog posts - all of them. I was faced with a very brutal reality check. In virtually EVERY blog, I write about how I haven't posted in a long time and that there is something *new* I am going to commit to. But to no avail, the next post (typically 2 months later!) is a poor admition that I didn't follow through. And what of my last post? THE EXACT SAME THING! Damn.

Those who know me best know that I am the queen of self-inflicted guilt. Thus the reason for my 1:10 am update. So here I am following through in my commitment. Here is a new post. One thing I have learned about myself in this intrinsic examination is that I am a "do it now" person. So honestly, if I had waited until I woke up tomorrow, I seriously wouldn't have done anything. I have to take advantage of my brief moments of motivation and snatch them up like a kid at an easter egg hunt. Though my basket, at this time, is rather empty I am on the lookout. It will be full. Soon.

So even though this is a nothing-post it still qualifies as a post. Be proud of me and stop giving me guilt for not writing more, interesting, and thought-provoking verse. It's 1:10 in the frickin' morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good work girl... I honestly thought we would see you back in about two to three months. None the less it is always interesting what you have to say. You arre so straight forward, I love reading you blog. I am staying tuned in for the next POST!