8.05.2011

Holla!

Today was the 5th day this week I have worked out... HOLLA!! I think I might be relaxing to the sounds of nature with a warm clay mask on my face in about 72 hours...

I ran today. Really ran. For the first time in....
Yeah. It's been that long. I don't think I was pregnant the last time I actually ran.
3 miles on the treadmill (okay, you're right, it's not "real" running)
1.5 miles on the StairMaster (I HATE that damn thing but I am determined to not have a mom butt)

It felt good to sweat that much. I totally got into my groove like I used to when I ran. I felt normal again. I wasn't dying after 2:42 @ 5.5mph. I found my zone - lots of deep breaths - a couple moments to stop and drink. All in all, I felt the Lisa-ness come back. I wasn't Mom or Wife or Milk Factory or Cook or Housekeeper or anything. Just me. Rockin' out to Def Leppard and Missy Elliott and Marilyn Manson.

Once I climbed on that God-forsaken machine known as the StairMaster I got all mental again. It sucked! I wanted to quit after 40 seconds ...two minutes ...five minutes ...ten minutes ...basically every second I was moving my legs. I remember having to tell myself: This is it. This is the difference between looking the way you do and looking the way you WANT to. You have to do this. The sad part is there was an old man climbing right next to me, totally schooling me. He started before me, kept going after me and consistently took faster steps. Bastard. Don't you need to go take a nap in front of Sports Center or something!! I think my whole body turned green in envy as I kept watching him out of the corner of my eye. It made me even more mental.

Regardless, today was a good - no, GREAT day. So I celebrated by having 1/2 whole wheat pita filled with a tuna salad and three Oreo cookies. :) That just sabotaged my stair climbing experience. What can I say, I am still in detox and that was my relapse.

To Do list update:
1. Go to the bathroom. (check!)
2. Drink enough water. (check!)
3. Workout. (CHE-ECK!!)
4. Update blog. (check and check!)
5. Participate in some endorphin-stimulating nookie. (HOLLA! - I felt it deserved more than just a check)
6. Finish chores around the house. (che -- 1/2 check)
7. Wash and dry laundry. (check check check check check.... this is unending...)
8. Make a healthy dinner free of chemistry experiments. (check!)
9. Go to bed before 11 pm. (no check due to scheduling conflict with #5...)

Dinner tonight: Turkey meatloaf muffins, green beans and roasted red potatoes. Don't be jealous! I know it sounds disgusting, but these lil' mini meatloafs are mine, my hubby's AND my kids' favorite. Try it!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Hollla!!! 5 days in a row, that a girl!! haha good for ya on the running and stairs!!! Running is my love. I miss it. My trainer says he wants my butt high and tight, so guess what I do every freaking day? Yep, that damn stair mill. 1 minute hard, 2 minutes recovery. Just an idea for ya. I wonder if it is gonna get easier? Because it is suuuper hard. But I am going to say to myself what you do "this is the difference between the way I want to look and the way I DO look" great reminder....

The Hayes Family said...

Keep up the good work!! SO awesome to hear, especially since you haven't been doing the quantity or quality you've been wanting to do. Thanks for the motivation!
Please, please, PLEASE start blogging everyday, or at least every other. I need this motivation. #5 is probably the most important though, so bonus for you!!

Brian and Dawn said...

Holla is right!! Good for you and thank you for the motivation, I have found a rut right now with crazy wedding stuff and I can't wait for this Saturday to gone and past because I got my initial 25 lbs gone, but I want more!! By the way I think your little dinner sounds good!! ;)