6.15.2012

New Adventures!

I know you have been waiting for this.  Anxiously, patiently, not-so-patiently, frustrated, slamming your laptop closed, wondering "WHY HASN'T SHE POSTED ANYTHING?!?!?!?!"  I know.  I heard you.

So here I am.  Updating.  Only you might not like what I have to say.  But we're friends and I know you will stick around.  We tight (as I pound my chest and throw up a peace sign at the computer screen.).  Its okay, you can do it back too.  So here goes:

A while back I posted a very vague, non-committal update on good ol' Facebook about "new adventures on the horizon".  I left is so vague, some of you might be wondering, "Is she pregnant, getting a new job, a new puppy that likes to eat underwear? What is it?"  Good news.  It is NONE of the above, especially the first.  There will be NO MORE new people exiting my body after 10 months of sucking the life out of me.  NONE. I am done.  Remember all my posts about trying to recover from this last one?  If not, just scroll down.  They are all there.  Every single one of them.  Remind youself of this battle I have been facing, this "journey" to find and reclaim myself from gestational kidnapping.

Okay, Lisa.  You still have not told us what new adventures you have.  Get to the point already!

Got it.  I will.  Just to stimulate your memory one more time, remember my obsession?  If not here it is.  It was the beginning of everything.  I put myself out there for you to gawk at and wonder, "why bother" as I tried to get my body back - not just get it back but sculpt it into something better.  That's what my focus has been on all this past year.  Eating, breathing, living everything fitness.  I am still obsessed.  So obsessed that it has now become a passion of mine.

They say if you do what you are passionate about, you will never work a day in your life.  Well, I have yet to "work" a day as a teacher and I am hoping to add to that with my new passion.  What does that mean?  Well, as of July 16, you are looking a graduate student working towards her M.S. in Exercise Science and Health Promotions with an emphasis on Fitness and Wellness!  Yep.  I am doing it!  I will also end up with my Personal Trainer certification through NASM when I am done.  How cool is that?!?  Only that's not the only thing...

I am also training (as of Monday!!) for my first ever figure competition.  What! What!

So, Lisa, what is that?  Are you going to look like a man and be all veiny and gross?

No I won't look like a man.  I will look like this.  Let me introduce you to Erin Stern, IFBB Figure Pro and the girl of my dreams.  If I can look like this, I will be one happy lady. I don't think my hubs will mind either.  This is what I am working towards, only my version. Muscle in my legs, defined shoulders, abs, YES!  I will prove that you can have abs like this after three kids.  I've got roughly 15 weeks to sculpt what I have done so far into a fierce body like this.


That brings me to the third and final adventure.  My new blog. 

Huh?  You barely keep up with this one?  How are you going to keep up two?

Well... I'm not.  After talking with a few people, some of whom actually evaluate blogs for a living, and getting some good feedback, I am saying good-bye to Suburbia and hello to a new one.  I need to pick a focus and really hone in on that "voice".  Any guess what it will be????  Yep. Fitness. And food.  And mommy-hood. And balancing everything.  It will have nothing to do with anything related to teaching (not that this ever did), maybe a few funny stories about the crazies, but mostly about HOW to be fit and healthy as a mom.  So as much as I have loved this blog and all the interesting adventures that I wrote about (or thought about writing), I have to bid adieu.  Its time to close one chapter and begin the next. 

I really hope you will follow me on my journey.  This is no longer an obsession for me, but a lifestyle.  I will post pictures of my evolution on my new blog.  See, you have to check it out if you want to see the progress I made over the past year.  Look at my trickery... making you follow me even though you weren't sure if you wanted to.  It won't just be about my figure competition either.  I will post work-outs, recipes, nutrition tips, tips for helping your family become healthier, etc.  My goal is to be able to help people as I entertain them will my antics.  The children are in full bloom, so I promise to have nothing short of gut-aching, pee-in-your-computer-chair adventures with my crazy brood.  Join me.

{Fit} Mom Diary

No comments: