The first day is always the easiest, right? Here is what I did...
Wake up at 7:30 with a baby still attached to my boob. Detach said child and make coffee so Phil has something awaiting him for Father's Day (I am such a bad wife!). Put on workout clothes, look at self in mirror. Pep talk. Gawd, this is going to be a lot of work!
Head upstairs, insert P90x Plyometrics into DVD player. Pray that the ballerina inside me takes over and I don't jostle the ceiling fans loose with my elephantitis jumping. Hit play.
Pant. Breathe. Drink. Curse. (repeat 8+ times) Get slapped in the butt by encouraging 7 year old while doing squat jacks. Thanks Liv. Stop jiggle in butt from slap. Squat lower.
Hear crying baby with 23 min. left in video. Don't give up. Bring baby onto couch to entertain him with gallivanting. Save baby from getting tossed off couch from elephantitis. Realize the internal ballerina is no longer employed here. She gave her notice years ago...
Feel guilty as the sound of clanking dishes rings up the stairwell as husband unloads dishwasher and feeds children ON FATHER'S DAY. Feel better as he meanders up the stairs with an encouraging smile, stating he will "do whatever it takes to help you be successful!" Guilt temporarily deterred.
Done with workout. Deep sigh. Let the real battle begin - food consumption.
Breakfast:
3/8 c. oatmeal with 1/2 scoop protein powder & 1 tsp. flax seed (200 c.)
12 oz. coffee w/ 3 T. creamer (my weakness!!) (90 c.)
Lunch:
6 in. chipotle chicken sandwich from Subway (400 c.)
1/3 apple
Dinner:
2 serv. tortilla chips + 1/2 c. salsa (335 c.)
2 slices artichoke chx. pizza (360 c.)
1 slice Hawaiian pizza (270) I SHOULD HAVE STOPPED AT 2!!
2 c. salad w/ 1 T. raspberry vinaigrette (90 c.)
2 glasses Pinot Noir (YUMMO!) (240 c.)
Final Damage: 1990 calories
SHIT.
9 comments:
OH my friend. First off, your pictures, sorry to say, don't really look as bad as you think! I took before pictures at exactly 8 weeks after Kamden and my suit was digging into my thighs so hard I think it bruised. You have a beautiful body, and although you are motivated, you've gotta remember that 8 weeks is NOT a long time after a baby.
I started working out 4-6 weeks after Kamden, and I think I damaged my abs. One now sticks out further than the other and it ain't right! So I would suggest, to go at your own pace. Don't feel pressured by men, or society, or even all your blog followers, that you MUST fit into your jeans pronto! I think it's bullshit, and a womens body needs time to heal. But with that said, you are on the right track, and your gonna be one buff hot mama sooner than you think:)
I loved your first day of working out, sounds so familiar. Your going to do awesome! Love your bones!:)
Good job on Day 1! I am impressed that you can work out for an entire hour with 3 kiddos, one of them being a wee little baby! Question... do you measure out all your food or have a scale? What do you use to count all your calories?
Erin Oldham
Lisa you motivated me to run yesterday! Thanks lady! :)
You ROCK!! Way to go with your accountability. I've got 7 months on you and I have a feeling you're going to be waving at me as you pass me by! You are determined, thanks for the extra motivation in my own "losing the baby weight" struggle.
The fact that you worked out is good enough!!! And P90X is no joke!!! Just finishing it is great! And so sweet you have a supportive hubby who loves you and will be there for you. Don't stress because stress adds weight!! Take it day by day (or week by week). You'll be loving your bod in no time!
Lisa you are an amazing writer. Have you ever thought of writing childrens books???? Don't be fustrated with yourself, as you have 3 beautiful children, a husband who adores you, and it is the person inside that is so wonderful to all who know her, not the body image you are so worried about. I support you and it will get better with each day and week.
I LOVE your blog! You should write professionally! I'm dyyyyyying at the very end! You crack me up!
Great job Lisa! You are a maniac and always succeed with anything you put your mind to, I know you will succeed in this too! Love you!
Love your blog, you self reflective humore is great, I was laughing out loud by the end.. GO GIRL!
few ideas
-try cinnamon in the coffee rather than cream, tastes great and is said to burn fat.
-go with your darker reds on the wine
Post a Comment