6.20.2011

Day 2 - a whole 'nother story

Instead of telling you I spent the day running around like a chicken with my head cut-off and that was all I could squeeze in for a workout or that I only had a piece of pita bread with hummus for dinner or that my kids JUST went to bed, I will reduce my personal updates to a weekly status. I will, however, write everyday. It might take me a couple days to 'compose' something blogworthy, but I will write.

What is there to write about? Well, in the hours I spend neglecting my children to feed my current obsession, I am learning LOTS of new things! Things about food, calories, muscles, time management, food prepping, meal planning, carbohydrates, proteins, fats, and most recently "fat chicks who love protein"... I won't even begin to explain how/why/what of that statement. If only I could erase the images...

I will share my new-found knowledge with you - the one person who has chosen to read this. I have received a few questions from friends in these VERY early days and I will do my best to answer them periodically. This will also help me to learn my own body better, what triggers I have, what works best for me, what totally sucks, etc. If by some miracle of osmosis it helps you, GREAT! If I only slightly entertain you with my inappropriateness and candor, GREAT! If I can do both, JACKPOT! I'll get the tissues.

My newest epiphany: I am a stress-eater. (Explains SO MUCH about my current state!) This is a HUGE revelation because the first step is admission.

Hi. My name is Lisa and I use food to comfort me when I feel the world is about to collapse. In doing so, I subconsciously think that the mass consumptions of turtle sundae blizzards, fettuccine alfredo and Chili Verde Doritos will miraculously transform me into a scrapbooking, coupon-queen of a mother who takes her children to the park everyday, always has them perfectly dressed in coordinating outfits and coiffed hair, runs 5 miles before the sun comes up, keeps an immaculate house that is decorated well enough to be featured in Better Homes and Gardens, refurbishes old furniture in my free time and still has the energy to be a tigress in the bed - multiple times a day. Howz that for a diagnosis?!?

Ah, but low and behold... I am still here... in my nasty sweats that I don't even wear in front of my husband... face unwashed... sink full of dishes... washer and dryer BOTH with full loads in them... crumbs on the floor... I am going to bed. No tigress tonight. At least my teeth are brushed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this Lisa!!!! I'm rooting for you as I'm feeling you on all of this, I too feel the same way. Ugh but you go girl!!
~ Andrea